The enclosure should be made of heavy gauge wire. Space will give them room to play and practice, and the thick wire will ensure strength. Some more tips for macaw enclosures are:
- Leave the top of the macaw parrot cage open. It will give the birds a measure of freedom. Plus, they will interact with you more and become better pets.
- During night time, cover the entire living quarters with a sheet. If you have one, then utilise a cage cover. The covering offers two benefits:
- It decreases visual stress.
- It makes sure that there are no air drafts.
What Does A Pet Macaw Eat?
The second step to raising a macaw as a pet in Chennai is food. The correct feed is vital for the well-being of these colourful birds. Here are some tips for macaw food:
- Use quality nuts and seeds. Just ensure that the seeds don’t become a replacement for pellets.
- Offer fresh vegetables or fruits daily, such as:
- Never leave food in the enclosure for an extended time. Rotten food is full of bacteria, and if the macaw consumes it, they will fall ill!
- Do not feed the macaw birds the following:
- Apple seeds
- Change their water daily.
To keep the macaw healthy in the first year, give them a calcium supplement three times every week. Later on, include vitamin supplements in their water. This can be given two times in seven days. Also, every three months give the macaw a bird wormer.