Many of us per-lovers dream about having a pet that can talk. Apart from a few select species of birds, however, pets can only communicate in their language. Therefore, if you would like a pet who can talk, you need to consider buying a particular species of parrot that’s called Cockatiel.
About cockatiels in short
Cockatiel birds are mainly called parrots. But this is not entirely true. Cockatiels
have their own specific family called cockatoo. These intelligent birds originate from Australia. They are some of the most popular when it comes to someone wanting to get a fun pet to be around. Especially when it comes to one which tends to talk. Cockatiels love the company as they live in large groups in their natural habitat. They are lively, intelligent and need their space to fly from time to time. Cockatiels generally live up to around 25 years when held in right conditions and are on a rich nutritious diet. Here are the points to note when you decide to pet a cockatiel from a birds pet shop in Chennai
What you need to keep in mind
- This task requires a lot of patience: many people tend to buy pets for their kids. But what’s important to know is that kids tend to be somewhat impatient, especially when they are very young. This way, their presence, and reactions may rather dissuade and scare the Cockatiel from ever understanding what they want from them. Even if the Cockatiel is your kids’ pet, remind them never to bother them, wanting to force them to talk in any manner and most importantly don’t let them try to teach them to talk alone.
- Don’t take it so seriously: if your pet is happy and, in a calm, relaxed home, they will eventually start talking on their own anyways. This happens especially when there are some simple words; you keep on telling them.
- A cockatiel is a brilliant animal with an intelligence that matches the intelligence of dogs and cats. They will understand and learn a lot from you and about your way of life.
Always have the time and the patience to spend some relaxed time with your pet, no matter it’s a cockatiel or any other pet.
- Tamed cockatiel birds have a more significant tendency to talk.
- Do not ever get a cockatiel only and exclusively for their potential of being able to speak. That’s simply bad. This is not a circus. Only get a pet you can love, care for and live with. Only get any bird, if you can let them fly around from time to time.
- If you get Cockatiel in pair, they will likely never talk as they have their companion to chat with.
- Cockatiel chicks will be keener to talk after a while when handled with much love and care.
- Cockatiels are intelligent enough to connect the words with your actions. They will, with time, understand the words you say and know what you are referring to.